Gaming machines in amusement arcades

What exactly is a slot machine? How addictive are these machines? Slot machines are widespread all over the world.  In some countries, you can find slot machines in catering establishments and in amusement arcades.

As a result, this form of gambling is particularly easily available: no matter where you happen to be – a slot machine is usually nearby. Also, online sports betting such as taruhan bola terpercaya can be played anywhere.

 

What is the potential risk of slot machines in amusement arcades and restaurants?

The risk potential of slot machines is high! About 70% of people who go to a counseling center because of a gambling addiction play at slot machines. The factors that determine the addictive potential of a game of chance all apply to gaming on slot machines:

  • The sequence of the individual games is very fast, especially with slot machines. The overview of the profit/loss balance is easily lost, losses get out of sight. Instead, the next game or the hope of the next win beckon.
  • With slot machines, winnings are paid out immediately. Game and win are therefore close to each other, so the win acts more as a reward for the previous game. In this way, gaming behavior can be consolidated.
  • The players are actively involved in the game by stop and risk buttons and thus have the impression that they can influence the outcome of the game.
  • There are often “almost wins”, for example when only two symbols appear instead of the necessary three.
  • Slot machines are easily accessible.

Slot machines: that’s what it’s all about

The game is about achieving a set combination of symbols. You win if the same symbols appear everywhere.

The winnings are paid out directly at a slot machine and used again immediately by many players. For some time now, game variants have been on the market that have been expanded to include additional features.

The rotation of the symbols can be stopped by pressing a stop button. This gives the players the feeling that they can influence the outcome of the game. The fact is, however, that the payout quota remains the same – over several games – with slot machines. About 60% of the income is paid out, the remaining 40% are revenue from the machine industry.